Vaastu is the more authoritive and detailed counterpart of FENG SHUI.
This branch of astrology does not do any predictive work but helps you to harness the nature's energy by letting the air, sunlight, water, fire and earth into your life from the RIGHT DIRECTION and in the RIGHT QUANTITY.
According to VAASTU SHASTRA (The study of architecture) every kind of building / apartment has different directions which are favourable / unfavourable.
Buildings / Apartments with good Vaastu have healthy, happy and prosperous owners. Whereas places with negative Vaastu energy will have losses, ill health, ill repute, hurdles etc.
There are prescribed directions / placements for all kind of settings in a built up structure. Some of the examples are :
- Direction for the Main Door (AIR)
- Direction for the Portico. (AIR)
- Placement for the Kitchen (FIRE)
- Placement for Storage Water / Bathroom (WATER)
- Placement of Place of Worship (LIGHT)
- Placement of owners Bedroom / Office (EARTH)
- Storage Area / Dark Area (EARTH)
- Garden & Plants (EARTH)
Same principles are worked out in case of FACTORIES, OFFICES, INSTITUTIONS, ETC.
The science of Vaastu doesnot only tell the CORRECT placement but also the ways to RECTIFY the PROPERTY WITH ILL INFLUENCES OF VAASTU. For example a SOUTH FACING house is not recomended for the purpose of living BUT if we make an ENTERANCE ON THE EASTERN END OF THE SOUTH PORTION the ill effect will VANISH.
Your most important tool is a MAGNETIC COMPASS which will tell you the basic directions of all the places in your property.
YOU CAN USE THE HELP OF VAASTU SHASTRA IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
TO FIND THE CORRECT METHOD OF USING A MAGNETIC COMPASS - Read Instruction
- In case of purchases of new property / renting of new property whether personal or commercial.
- In case you are facing problems / hurdles round about the time you moved into the new place.
- Find out your potential if you make your old house Vaastu compliant with minimum changes.
- In case there is lack of harmony at home / work inspite of all other factors being favourable.
Feng shui is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics believed to utilize the Laws of both heaven (astronomy) and earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive Qi. The original designation for the discipline is Kan Yu
The words 'feng shui' literally translate as "wind-water"in English. This is a cultural shorthand taken from the following passage of the Zhangshu (Book of Burial) by Guo Pu of the Jin Dynasty
Qi rides the wind and scatters, but is retained when encountering water.
Many modern enthusiasts claim that feng shui is the practice of arranging objects (such as furniture) to help people achieve their goals. More traditionally, feng shui is important in choosing a place to live and finding a burial site, along with agricultural planning.?